Meaning and Purpose:
Arguably the most important part of the filming process a script is the skeleton of the film, it gives guidance to all parts of crew and cast and generally is seen as the most important document in the filmmaking process. The script is also where the film is created firstly, as a screenplay or teleplay, it is from the script that directors decide if they are on board, the same with actors and other essential crew.
Script:
Purgatory:
(Heavy breathing during the titles as they fade in.)
(Fade in to see him wake up and realise where the man is)
(he starts panicking in the coffin still breathing heavily.)
Phone vibrates
(comedic ringtone that is not copyrighted)
(man in box picks up the phone)
Ben:
(C.U. of face from side)
Hello?
(As he is panicking and moving slightly in the box)
(C.U from side of face)
(cut to C.U. of caller in park looking at id of Ben)
Caller:
Einstein said people should not strive to be a success but rather to be a person of value.
(Cut to C.U. Ben in box talking on phone, panicked)
Ben:
Who are you? Why are you doing this to me?!
Caller:
(Cut to shot of caller walking from behind, hiding face and features, bumps into Ben at end of speech)
I am a passing face, one in a crowd of many, a face unseen by most. You have seen me.
(cut to Ben)
(Ben begins to breathe deeply and appears calm)
You have committed moral crimes for which God will judge you, but you can keep God away for a while, if you listen and do exactly as I say, ok?
Ben:
(Rigidly) OK,I’ll do whatever you want, just let me go.
(cut to shot of Ben in box)
Caller:
FIrst you must acknowledge your guilt, you must understand your moral crimes.
Ben:
What did I do?
Caller:
You live your life ignoring help when you can give it. I was in a situation where I needed help and you were there,
refused to give it.
Ben:
What? Why am I here?!
Caller:
Every crime needs a punishment.
(flashback?)
(Wide shot of the caller Digging the hole with box next to him.)
Ben:
I’m underground aren’t I?
Caller:
You’re thinking too much. You need to do as I say and nothing more, understood?
Ben:
Ok, just please, let me go
Caller:
I’ll let you go if you do exactly what I say.
(Montage sequence, Ben follows the instructions as the caller says it. Oceans 11/A-team effect?)
First,look at your contacts, I’ve added one. You’ll know it when you see it and call that number.
Ben:
(Ben calls the number and hears white noise for a couple seconds. It then hangs up)
(Ben lowers phone away from his face)
(Ben starts to panic, moving around violently looks back at his phone and calls another contact)
(Phone rings)
(Voice Message plays saying the caller is not available, Start of montage sequence)
(Different shots of Ben trying to call someone, with the same message saying they aren't available)
(Reaction shots)
(End of montage sequence
(Ben looks up)
(Vertigo/Zido away from Ben)
(Side Shot from face)
(Ben turns his head slightly to the camera and sees a small ray of light)
(Reacts)
(Ben hits the roof of the box and his hand bursts through the box)
(Cut to a wide shot of a box sideways in a field, the lid of the box is pushed up and Ben gets out, long shot showing him standing up or tripping over the box)
(Roll credits)
END.
No comments:
Post a Comment