Tuesday, 10 January 2017

P3(c) Applying Visual Effects and Transitions

One of the more basic effects of editing I used was fades, to give the film a nice entrance I faded in the original base footage as well as any titles that came in at the beginning of the film, I also did this with the audio files at the beginning to help ease the audience into the scene helping with building a sense of immersion within the viewers of the film. Below are screenshots; one showing a fade in a timeline and one being the effect shown in my project's final film.



I also used some sound editing techniques to control wind noise and unwanted lip smacking by lowering the levels of the volume, this makes the film quieter in general but helps a lot with the clarity of dialogue and can make the film feel more professional and high quality. An example of a track I did this to is shown below, I lowered the final parts of the clip because unneeded noise was taking up the space, giving an unprofessional feel to the scene, I used keyframing (the process of changing values of a clips variables such as opacity or volume in relation to the current tracking point of the clip on the timeline) to make the last 1 second of the clip much quieter, this helped transition into the next scenes more quiet atmosphere as well as the aforementioned boost in quality of the final product.



Below you can see the color corrected image after the image was made to appear more blue.







No comments:

Post a Comment