Tuesday, 10 January 2017

P5 Certification Classification Based on Feedback of Final Film

Summary of Feedback

My feedback on the whole was very mixed, the ratings people suggesting very much changing between the individuals. The survey gave me a greater understanding that a majority of people believe the film is not totally well suited for younger audiences however the focus group of media students (who are learned in film classification) suggested that the film could have a far less strict rating. This was shown as nearly the whole group suggested the film be PG where as in ur online survey the majority suggested 12A or 15 would be appropriate. This response can be seen below:



Draft Email to the BBFC

Final Classification

Taking all of the feedback I have gained towards the film through the Online Survey and focus group discussions I have decided to class my film as a 12A.


Below are screenshots of the BBFC's website depicting what is allowed in a 12A film:



As my film features moderate threat, both psychologically and physically, I felt this warranted a rating of 12A, were the violence more prominent and shown in full view then I would perhaps consider moving it to an even higher rating. However as almost all of the categories of possible mature content fit within the bounds of the above specifications, I believe this classification is the best fit to the content within my film. This is in agreement with the survey taken by audiences that stated this in part with 29% of voting suggesting this rating (this can be towards the start of this post).

No comments:

Post a Comment